Has it really been over a month since I last posted? Wow. I really should update this more often. :)
I managed to survive the Thanksgiving holiday without gaining any weight. That was shocking, but I DID try to keep my activity levels somewhat normal. Or maybe I put my body into metabolic shock, LOL.
I've been struggling a bit lately with motivation. I think it's partly the winter blues, and partly knowing that I've already achieved my goal. (I need a new one, clearly.) Lately, I've had to push myself to get to the gym. I'm always glad when I get there and finish a workout, but I have to talk myself into it almost every time. Still, I feel victorious -- in the past, I would've just stopped going. But this time, I'm committed to making my routine stick, even when I don't feel like it.
I'm trying a new iPod playlist to mix things up. Also, I'm trying to push myself to run a little faster now that I have the 3.1 mile distance nailed. I would really love to get faster than 11 minutes per mile.
It looks like I might be running another 5k before the end of the year! Andy and I are going to Jacksonville, FL for the bowl game, and there just happens to be a Gator Bowl 5k on Christmas Eve! AND it's along the beach -- how exciting is that? I can't tell you how great it'll be to have a warm getaway at the end of the month. I swear the winter blahs hit me earlier every year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment