Monday, February 23, 2009

Weekly goals

Staying motivated once you've done the initial hard work of losing weight can be tough. I'm hoping that by setting one new health goal each week, I can bring myself to the next level of healthy living (physically and mentally).

So far, I've adopted these healthy habits in 2009:
- Getting 8 hours of sleep each night
- Remembering to take my prenatal vitamin every day

These are my two newest goals:
- Meditate 3-4 times a week
- Make a habit of stretching during the workday

I don't expect meditation will be easy. I tend to ruminate (obsess, maybe?) 'round the clock until I finally drift off to sleep. However, I expect that my work schedule will become much more stressful during the next few months and I'd like to take a proactive approach to coping with stress.

Sometimes I feel exhausted just from sitting all day. I know how ridiculous that sounds, but it's true. After a few hours in front of the computer, my eyes start feeling fatigued, my posture slumps, and my energy crashes. I've read that stretching can greatly reduce office fatigue, so I'm going to make a point to spend 5-10 minutes working out my muscle kinks.

No comments: