
I recently started the Couch to 5k running program. Again. (More about that in a later entry!)
C25K gradually eases you into running so you don't burn out too soon or risk injury. The only thing that has driven me nuts about C25k is that I'd constantly check my watch (especially in the early stages) to see when it was time to switch from walking to running, or vice versa. A gentleman named Robert Ullrey has changed that. He created a series of podcasts that tells you exactly when the intervals start and stop. The background music is very techno and clubby, which usually isn't my thing but works great for running. The steady uptempo helps me establish my pace, and I'm paying more attention to my form because I'm not checking my watch every 30 seconds. It makes the time go by much, much faster -- and who doesn't love that?
Add the iPod shuffle and C25K podcasts to my list of Things that Have Transformed My Workouts.
No comments:
Post a Comment