Friday, July 11, 2008

Summer is officially here

Every June, I hear Nebraskans saying the same thing: We just haven't had a summer yet! It's been so cool! They say it in a concerned tone that implies surely something is wrong, like we're going through global warming in reverse, or something equally catastrophic. Then the 4th of July rolls in, and so does the hot, humid weather that we'll live with through the end of September.

It's times like this, by the way, that I wish Andy and I had moved to Madison when we had the chance. Wisconsin summers are lovely.

This is usually the time of year when my exercise routine falls by the wayside, unless it involves a swimming pool or a lake. I've vowed to not fall off the wagon this year. I've been waiting until 8 p.m. or later to work out, and I know it would be probably even better if I did it in the morning. Alas, I really enjoy sleeping (almost as much as simple carbs and ice cream), so we'll see if that happens.

In the meantime, I've invested in one of those lovely tank tops made of wicking material. It makes a huge difference. I can't believe I've put up with soggy cotton tees for so long.

No comments: