Friday, October 3, 2008

Fall and winter workouts

It's getting to be that time of year when I'm having to keep adjusting my workout time so I can run before it gets dark. By this time next month, outdoor workouts probably will be limited to weekends when I'm home during the day. I'm bummed about this. I greatly prefer outdoor workouts. I get a better workout because I'm tackling hills, plus the scenery gives me something nice to look at.

I'm not a huge gym person. I feel like my privacy is being invaded, I hate having to pack a gym bag to lug to work then changing in a locker room and unpacking/repacking the bag when I get home ... blech. It starts feeling like a hassle rather than a healthy way to burn off the stresses of the day.

I've decided that I'm going to get a trial membership to the Snap Fitness near my house. I have my reservations because it's a no-frills machine-only gym, but the price is right and it's actually more convenient than the campus rec center because it's closer to home and open 24/7. More importantly, I could change my clothes and shower at home. ;)

We'll see how it goes. I hope I don't get bored.

No comments: