- Wow, I knew I wasn't setting any world records, but I'm really slow. My confidence definitely took a hit yesterday.
- I've been running for time rather than distance. My mileage isn't nearly as impressive as I thought.
- My hip flexors and groin muscles hurt today.
- It's boring. Where am I supposed to look? The monitor? The TV? The sweaty guy next to me? The mirror three feet in front of my face?
- I must make sure that my iPod shuffle is fully charged BEFORE I get to the gym. I'm sure lack of music contributed to the boredom factor.
- I used different muscles to stabilize my body on the treadmill.
- Lack of side-to-side mobility, coupled with stability issues, changes my gait. I think I took shorter strides than usual.
- I went too fast. This is very easy to do because the treadmill keeps a consistent pace unless you adjust it. (A total duh, but how disheartening -- I must be REALLY slow outdoors!)
- I used too much of an incline. I'd read on a message board that treadmill runners should use a 2.0 incline to avoid shin splints, so that's what I did. Turned out that .5 would've been sufficient.
Luckily, the rain has stopped and it's nice and sunny today. After a good amount of stretching, I'll go on a 30-minute recovery walk before the sun sets.
No comments:
Post a Comment