Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Week 19: Maintenance begins

I'm not sure whether my first week on maintenance was a success or not. I gained a bit. Either I overestimated how many points I really get, or I just had one of those weeks where special events made it difficult to stay on track. I was really freaking out about the gain, but the WW Maintenance board "talked me down." I have to get used to weight fluctuations that may or may not have anything to do with what I ate. As long as the general trend isn't upward, I should be okay.

In other news, I'm in Week 7 of the Couch to 5k program. Yes, it's obviously taking me much longer than nine weeks to complete the program, but I'm okay with that. My runs feel good -- exhilarating and no weird aches or pains. I'm starting to feel like a "real" runner now that I'm building some mileage. :)

No comments: